Stylist (and your saving grace!) for the Wedding Season : Priyanjana Das
No matter how freezingly cold it is, the wedding season brings with it all the warmth of spring!
The grand Indian wedding, with its band baaja, rasam riwaaj, lip smacking arrangement of food, shimmering lehengas and classic decorations, asks for an equally enthusiastic you to plunge into the beauty of it!
Do you have to attend a wedding soon? Tying the knot soon?
Is your wardrobe not likely ‘wedding ready’?
Then read on! This promises to be your holy grail on wedding couture!
Day 1 of the big fat Indian wedding does not seem to be any less languished with colours.
Mehendi is a predominantly ladies gathering where you gossip giggle and dance your hearts out to DDLJ songs!
Wardrobe ready :
- Remember that it is a day time event where you are supposed to dance and sing. Choose your colours wisely, baby pink, tulip yellow, sky blue, sea green and bright oranges are the ones you could choose from.
- You could go for patiala and kurta if you want to be really comfortable while dancing. Team it up with Kohlapuri chappals or Jaipuri jootis.
- Long flowing Anarkali kurtas would also be perfect for the occasion. If you prefer heels, bright coloured wedges or block heels would be comfortable to step out in.
- Go light on make up, using a lot of foundation will only overdo the look. Highlight your eyes with dark Kajal, lots of mascara and matte finish eye shadow. Go for nude lips or lip gloss. Donne your majestic jhumkas and you are ready to go!
Haldi rasam is similar to the sangeet where you are bound to be smeared yellow!
Wardrobe ready :
- You could choose from a number of whites and team it up a dark maroon, magenta pink or navy blue. Although a daytime occasion, it is embellished with shimmers and glitters.
- You could use silver or gold matte finish eye shadows, dark kajal and a winged liner. Add a dash of colour to your lips and also to your cheeks. Gold, black or off white pumps and strapped heels will complete your haldi look.
The big day! :
Happiness and fashion know no bounds on the big day. The only key is GO DESI.
- A night of crackers, lights, shehnai and baraat calls for an evening surcharged with grace!
- Choose from bright coloured sarees, gold, maroon, navy blue, silver or the ever sensuous white. Your contrasting blouse could have a backless graceful look.
- Do not go low on make up yet try to keep it natural, dab a bit of foundation and even it out with a face powder. Your eyes are the ones to be highlighted yet again, now with rich shades of a shimmery gold, grey goddess, scintillating silver , antique green or soft blue.
- Line up your lashes with lots of mascara and set up a beautiful winged liner to go with your desi decor. You could never go wrong with kundan jewellery today, look majestic in a heavy neck piece and not – so – heavy earrings to go with your look. A kamarbandh will add to your glamorous look and accentuate your waistline, its a perfect choice of accessory for today!
- You could never go wrong with strappy gold, maroon, sapphire or beige heels today. Stand out and look gracefully Indian today with a big bindi of the suitable colour!
Reception party :
The reception party is a classy party with champagne and city talk.
Wardrobe ready :
- A long flowing gown would be an apt choice for the occasion. Choose from dark matte colours that suite your ocassion best. This is the best occasion for red lips, set out your pout wisely!
- Pencil heels and pointy pumps could be used to accentuate the look of your gown. You could use beautiful kundan pendants, or a pair of heavy looking earings to go with your attire.
- Above everything, be yourself and pamper yourself with the big fat dinner!